Friday, November 05, 2010

My nightly routine has been disrupted. Keith Olbermann was suspended from MSNBC for making political contributions, seems it was a serious infraction for their political talk show hosts. Now I'm torn between Plan A: sign the petition to bring him back, boycott the network, and finding some other programs to watch; or Plan B: sign the petition, watch the MSNBC shows and wait for the whole thing to work itself out. I've decided to go with Plan B. Saturday and Sunday nights aren't nearly as much fun without Chris, Ed, Keith, Rachel and Lawrence. "Hello, my name is Cathy and I am a political talk show junkie."

It's been a wild week for those of us thrive on the excitement of politics. I'm sick of the winners gloating about what "The American People have spoken" with their wins. Benji made one of the best statements I've read yet about their bloviating:

The American People didn't care about any of it. The percentage of people who turned out (and who always turn out) for midterms was abysmally low. I am so tired of people talking about The American People as if every person who could move or get to a wheelchair went to vote on Tuesday. They didn't. It was a small cult turn out, and your cult is a little bit more committed than our cult. That doesn't in any sense give you the right to dictate anything.

So not only am I an addict, I also belong to a cult. Lord, have mercy!

No comments: