Sunday, March 01, 2009

This has been a pleasant Sunday for me, nothing out of the ordinary going on, just an uneventful day with no crises, and I'll take those anytime, gladly. Even church-without-David was crisis-free.

Our organist/choirmaster has conditioned us to a very high standard in our music and liturgy, so I'm usually a little let down when he isn't there, and a substitute is filling in for him. Today I was okay with that. Not many knew that he wouldn't be there except for the stand-in and a couple of others, but I felt a peace about it from the moment I walked in the church. Sure enough, the service went smoothly, the anthems were sung beautifully, Molly's homily was really good, and I left feeling refreshed in body and soul.
.
Rather than the usual 18-20 calls from my husband (we use our cell phones as an intercom), there have only been 8 today, so that cut down on the stress considerably. I worked out at the gym for an hour this afternoon, then went to Kroger. The temperature gauge had 45* on it, but with the wind chill factor, it was in the 30's, I'm sure. We woke up to a dusting of snow on the rooftops, but by noon, the sun had melted it all.
.
About the most exciting event of the week-end was having dinner with my friend Lynn from Tupelo. She was here for a market at the Trade Mart, and called me, so I went across the Rez to Cinco de Mayo and met her, her daughter, and her cousin and his wife for dinner. It was fun to catch up on the people I went to high school with, some I haven't thought of in years.
.
Benji sent word that Pip is really into the fingerpainting. His pictures on Facebook have fascinated me. Here's what he says the child is doing:
.
He's just so engrossed in doing it, and really pays attention to the way the paint goes all over the page. He also loves using toys (cars, trains, Star Wars vehicles) and hardware (screws, bolts, nails) to help him push the paint around. He's also funny in the way he always seems to be thinking about it. He will walk away from something, then come back to it in an hour and add another layer, or use his feet to paint. Really cool to watch.

I'm thinking super-talented here. Grammas know these things.

No comments: