Friday, February 27, 2009

I was never trained as a nurse, the kind who looks after the sick and injured, but I have plenty of experience as a nurse, the kind who looks after babies and small children. It has come in handy, taking care of my disabled husband. I have to remind myself often that it's very much like looking after a big baby, except rather than squalling, he cusses, and his infantile fits of temper can do more damage than a baby's.

Today has been one of those days when I've needed an extraordinary amount of patience, and so far, it's been there when I needed it. God's grace continues to amaze me. Thanks to those of you who are holding me up with your prayers.

I'm also glad my babies came along before disposable diapers were so common. Soaking and rinsing soiled cloth diapers in the toilet was an everyday occurrence for moms "back in the day." Any squeamishness I once had about something so unpleasant got flushed a long time ago.

Sorry if I spoiled somebody's appetite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really this is good blog thanks for the time you took in writing this post. You’ve an inspiration for me. You know about the Trained Nurse visit at Trained Nurse