Monday, February 09, 2009

Mike's condition is deteriorating, I'm afraid. The nurse thinks he has a new blood clot, and the doctor says she's probably right, but there isn't anything they can do about it. When you have blood clots and can't take a blood thinner, your options are very limited. So he's immobilized, not able to do much but turn from side to side in the bed and scoot himself to an upright position for eating his meals. He's very angry about the whole thing and has been quite hostile toward me when I'm in there, so I've not been in there much unless I just had to be. My patience is wearing thin, and I'm trying not to take his belligerence personally, but it's beginning to get to me. Praying friends, please continue to pray for us.

I have enjoyed the gorgeous weather we're having lately. My neighbor's Japanese Tulip tree has blooms all over it and my daffodils are shooting up with buds. Seems this happens every year, doesn't it? Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind. With just a little bit of warmth and sunshine, she teases our plants out of dormancy, then blasts them with icy reminders of why she can't be trusted, such a capricious force she is.

Facebook continues to be one of my favorite forms of entertainment. I've reconnected with old friends and made new friends and realized, once again, how easily I am distracted by and addicted to things I find to be pleasurable. Yes, it's time-consuming, but it's also inexpensive and fun, so I'm not too concerned about my new habit. If I've got to stay at home and take care of a grouchy old man, I may as well have some fun while I'm doing it, right? Glad you agree.

No comments: