Friday, February 20, 2009

I finally got a good night's sleep, so today has been a little more productive than some of my other days this week, and I'm ready to do the Mardi Gras party tonight. I've invited my friend Lucy to go with me. Her first impression of St. Philip's folks will be a wild one, but I think she will be okay with that.

I'm not as enthusiastic about this year's musical as last year's or the year before, but it's got some good songs and good groups in it, so I'm sure the audience will love it. The theme is "Viva Las Vegas" and the story is about two nuns who have gone to Vegas to discover the meaning of life and love. They encounter Elvis, Tom Jones, the Supremes, Peter, Paul and Mary, Wayne Newton, Gladys Knight and the Pips, and the Rat Pack. It's funny.

I discovered when we first started the rehearsal for this that I felt unusually squeamish about prancing around seductively as one of Tom Jones' What's-New-Pussycat background singers, and dressed to resemble a cat, of course. Plus there is another number that is even more suggestive and I felt even more squeamish about that. Where did this little prude come from? It has to be the Baptist in me. My daddy would frown. But did I ever let that stop me?

Pictures will be forthcoming....maybe....maybe not.

No comments: