Sunday, November 30, 2008

I just love birthdays, especially when it's all about me, me, me! I set out this morning to collect 62 hugs, thank goodness, St. Philip's folks like to hug, but I lost count around 39. There were many more after that, so I probably got 62, at least.

Let's see, what else? The choir sang "Happy Birthday", my name was called during Prayers of the People, and my favorite part - I had lunch at Pan Asia with the dreamy Chickadees. We've got a Capricorn, a Scorpio, a Sagittarian, and a Leo, and we have the most interesting conversations. They even indulged me in a few minutes of political discussion, a very generous thing indeed, considering we're not all Democrats and Obama fans.
Both sons called after I got home this afternoon, and from them I learned that my gift, a new flat-screen computer monitor, is being shipped this week. Yeah! And there have been other sweet emails, cards, and phone calls, so once again, I've felt incredibly blessed and loved all day long.

The waiter who took the picture above was from Kosciusko and had been a drum major for Ricky Bishop's marching band at NECC back in the 80's. If you know about the 6 degrees of separation, you know that "if a person is one step away from each person they know and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people they know, then everyone is an average of six steps away from each person on Earth." In Mississippi, you rarely have to go beyond the first two steps to find a connection to a mutual acquaintance, friend or relative. He's also a massage therapist and offered to give me a massage if I would call him. How's that for happy coincidence?

No comments: