Monday, December 01, 2008

Benji got me started on Facebook a while back, and I'm finding it to be more demanding of time and attention than I'm used to giving any one site, but I'm also fascinated by the connections that can be made, kinda like a high-tech way to play 6 degrees of separation. I know this just proves how far behind the times I am, but it does intrigue me. The fuzzy hugs and pokes are not nearly as satisfying as the real thing, but better than nothing, I guess.

Old Man Winter is keeping this chilly mama inside. It's not really that cold outside, 44*, the thermometer said, but looks much colder, plus an icy North wind was whipping up last time I took the dogs out. Tonight's low should be around 29*, they're saying. This is why I would never seriously consider moving to a blue state. They're all too cold for me. Well, with Virginia and North Carolina going blue, I might consider it. Oh, that's right! Florida, too! I forgot. Hmmmm. I may have to rethink my excuses. How about, I just hate moving?

I'm hoping Gus and Jay-Jay can catch up on their naptime. Having company in the house for several days last week really disrupted their sleep schedule. Unfortunately, Jay-Jay seems to be even more nervous and insecure today than he was with company here, if that's possible. "Are they gone for good, Mama? Are you leaving, too? I'll make every step you make just to be sure I don't miss anything." I finally shut him up in Mike's bedroom awhile ago, he was beginning to seriously bug me. Poor baby, maybe he needs Prozac or something. Vets are prescribing that for dogs now, did you know? If I get the dental work done for them that our vet is recommending, he will need a tranquilizer, for sure.

Some of the best advice I ever got from my Grandmother Deedo was:

Before you say anything, ask yourself these three questions. Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? If you can't answer yes to all three, don't say it.

My, my, how many times I should have heeded that advice! Today I received an expanded version of that from a friend, an acrostic based on the word THINK:

T - Is it true?
H - Is it helpful?
I - Is it inspiring?
N - Is it necessary?
K- Is it kind?

This may not be new to you, but it was to me.

No comments: