Saturday, November 29, 2008

There's a chance of snow showers in the weather forecast for Monday. It's been a damp, gray 50-something here all day, and I've been cold, but realized when I took the dogs out that it's not as cold outside as it looks. I've felt blue and lonely all day, probably SAD, since I've suffered from that before, but not enough to get back on anti-depresssants, probably has something to do with Ricky and his family going back to Tampa today, too.

The sun should be back out tomorrow and it's my birthday, so going to church and seeing friends should lift my spirits some. Maybe I can have lunch with some of my favorite people, that always helps my feelings, too. Sometime soon I plan to schedule a full-body massage with my friend Margaret as a gift to myself from myself, but since she started doing hospital RN work again, I haven't seen her much.

It's a really good time to curl up with a good book, so I'm reading Women Who Run with the Wolves again. It's been years since I even looked at it, and the suggestion that I give it another read has come from a couple of different directions, so that's what I'll be spending spare time doing in the next few days, I'm sure. My copy is pretty well marked from the 90's when it was new. Different passages are appealing to me now, which just goes to show how we change as we age. For everything, there is a season. . .

No comments: