Saturday, August 09, 2008

I had another close call with my purse again today. I left it in a shopping cart at Wal-mart, went back about 15 minutes later, and retrieved it from customer service. Some honest soul turned it in. . . can you believe it?! God bless 'em! I'm just glad my guardian angel came to Florida with me.

I've worked on Cooper's bedroom wall today, it's a long way from being finished. Tonight we went to Clay's performance with the Wharton High School Band, then ate supper in the cafeteria, compliments of the parents in the Band Boosters. Watching Clay brought tears to my eyes just like watching Ricky always did. Tonight we've watched the Olympics along with the Little League World Series. Ricky's big screen TV allows two programs to be viewed at the same time. Right now we're watching Michael Phelps' win his first gold medal of this year's competition. And the Little Leaguers are trying to break a tie in the 10th inning.

One of the things I enjoy the most about visiting Ricky's family is their enjoyment of athletics. It's not that I'm a sports fan, but I am a fan of sports fans. Tomorrow we're taking the camper out to the beach at Duneden. The campground is wired for wi-fi, so Rick can still report for work on Monday morning. Is that cool, or what?

No comments: