Friday, June 13, 2008

Hard to believe, but Tim Russert of NBC is gone, died today at age 58 of a heart attack. Sunday mornings will never be the same. I usually got dressed for church while Meet the Press played in the bedroom. He was one of this political junkie's favorite news commentators. My most recent favorite moment of him was the night that Obama sealed the nomination and he said, "How I would love to be a history teacher in school tomorrow!" He was so excited about the historical moment we had all just witnessed. I just wish he could have lived to see President Obama inaugurated. Well, actually, I guess he will live to see it, but he'll be in that cheering section with those other great American patriots who will be celebrating in grand style. Wonder who he wants to interview first after he gets through the Pearly Gates.

"Good-night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

I'm turning in early tonight. I did not rest well last night. I enjoyed my company, but it was good to see them start the next leg of their journey, too. Benji got me a little cell phone at Wal-Mart last night. We got it charged and all the data from the old phone transferred easily to the new phone simply by plugging in the old SIM card. I loved watching Benji with Pip, the kid absolutely adores his daddy. Happy Father's Day, Son!

And you, too, Ricky.

No comments: