Monday, May 12, 2008

One of the best parts of my Mother's Day was talking to my Tampa folks, all four of them. As infrequently as we talk, it was an extraordinary treat. I got some new pictures of Clay and Cooper with more being promised. Clay, shown here with the dogs, will be 14 next month! Cooper, in the second picture, is 11. I tried to persuade them that they're old enough to fly without their parents to visit their grandmother. I don't think they bought it. They don't get out of school until the first week in June.


It felt good to get back into my week-day routine, going to the gym with Pam and Jean, then lunch afterwards with them at Primo's. I even got a good nap after I came back home.

.The best news from the Obama campaign is that he has passed Clinton in the super-delegate count. Last time I looked it was 277 for him, 273 for her. I wish she would bow out gracefully while "gracefully" is still an option. Her staying in when she can't win is doing more damage than good. Maybe not, but that's the way it looks to me. I loved the cover on the Time magazine I got today.

No comments: