Sunday, May 11, 2008

I am so tired! And I feel so old. I took Pip to church this morning, but got there too late to sing in the choir. He did well in the nursery. Their having a Thomas the Tank Engine table with track and train helped a whole lot. We ate at Sicily's after church, but he wasn't interested in anything to eat but Saltines and ice cream. On the way to Hattiesburg, I played the calm-down CD that Benji sent and he napped most of the way.

We met his other grandparents at Cracker Barrell and enjoyed a short front porch rocking chair visit with them. Pip had "borrowed" 3 cars from the toy shelves inside, so his grandmothers had to conspire to slip them back to their rightful owner without his noticing. I was surprised by how easily he walked out the front door with them without paying. I elected to let him do that rather than to endure another meltdown. (I knew we weren't leaving the premises with them.) We'd had screaming at Sicily's and it wasn't pretty. I was also surprised by how easily I took them back inside without his noticing while his Mimi distracted him, but he had played with them for a good 30 minutes.

Benji and Karen left early this morning for Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It's an island a little SE of Cuba, for those of you who, like me, aren't sure where the Dominican Republic is. I hope they enjoy a wonderful week of vacation and don't worry about Pip! He's getting the best of care from his grandparents. I just hope this grandparent gets rested before picking him up again on Friday. I was too tired today even to make pictures, and that rarely happens when my grandchildren are around. I did post the rest of the pictures of Pip on my Flickr site. The past two days have worn me slap out!

No comments: