Wednesday, May 07, 2008


OBAMA PREVAILS!


After all the mud and slime and dirty tricks from Hillary and Rev. Wrong and Rush and Fox News, Obama still leads! Reminds me of that old Elton I'm-supporting-Hillary John song:
.
I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah!
I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah!
.
It was an exciting night. The TV in my bedroom was on all night, even tho I succumbed to sleep around 1:00 am. I did catch about 30 minutes of Dan Abrams' "After Hours" show, complete with the coolest jazz band, around 2:30 this morning.
.
I almost felt sorry for Hillary, especially when I saw her husband's face in the background while she gave her "victory speech." Why couldn't she close the deal? Isn't that what they've been asking of Obama? Their integrity has been so compromised, I hope she is not Obama's choice for VP, but we'll just have to wait and see. More suspense. I love it.
.
I had lunch with George yesterday at Walker's. He gave me an autographed copy of Robert McElvaine's Grand Theft Jesus. The first few pages are hilarious, can't wait to read the rest. Thanks, George!
.
Lunch with the Water Lilies is at Blue Moon Cafe in Ridgeland today. I've never been there, so have no idea what to expect, will let you know later how it was. I'm planning to wear my pink Obama tee-shirt, since most of these ladies are Republicans and have ruled out any discussion of politics. I will offer them Obama bumper stickers, too, since I have extra. Hopefully, they don't black ball me, maybe I'll win a convert or two. Nobody ever accused me of being a troublemaker for nothing, right LaRue? Last week's lunch at Sakura Bana was great. I don't usually like Japanese cuisine, but the only thing left from that meal was most of my white rice.

No comments: