Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If I take advantage of all the musical programs being offered by our church this week, I'll be there every night. Then on Saturday, I've signed up for the Dream Workshop, which lasts all day. Tonight we're hosting the Chapel Singers of Redlands University, who are on tour and will present a concert; tomorrow night our own choir rehearses; Thursday night will be Concert #5 of the Great Fifty Days featuring the Mississippi Vocal Arts Ensemble; and Friday night we're having a benefit concert in the amphitheatre in the hollow for tornado victims. I would love to attend everything, and I may, depending on how I feel when it's time to go. I'm usually pretty lazy in the PM, actually I'm pretty lazy all the time, but especially in the PM. And Episcopalians are notorious for not showing up for anything at church at night. I'll just wait and see if the spirit moves me.

Today is a big day for Democrats - the Pennsylvania Primary. Obama has narrowed the gap between him and Clinton, but she's still expected to win. I just hope it's a very narrow victory and that she doesn't net very many more delegates. I love watching election returns, but this one has made me very nervous. If anything keeps me away from the concert tonight, it will be this. I may go, though, just to get my mind off the suspense of not knowing anything until all the votes have been counted. Again, I'll have to wait and see how the spirit moves me.

Today is Earth Day. Probably the best way to celebrate it is to refuse to crank my car all day . . . and turn out all the lights . . . and wash laundry in cold water . . . and hang it on the clothes line to dry. Unfortunately, I've been up four hours now and have already done the opposite of all of these, except crank my car. I'm listening to the sounds of nature from this website. My curiosity was sparked by the "Think Green" slogan on the side of our neighborhood garbage truck. I just got an email inviting me to view "Crude Awakening," the trailer was pretty powerful, so I may watch the documentary, too. But if I sit here much longer, I'll miss my ride to the gym. At least, we're car pooling for that. That may be the most environmentally friendly thing I do today.

Almighty God, in giving us dominion over things on earth,
you made us fellow workers in your creation:
Give us wisdom and reverence so to use the
resources of nature,
that no one may suffer from our abuse of them,
and that generations yet
to come may continue to praise you for your bounty;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(BCP)

No comments: