Thursday, April 24, 2008

I knew when we got to 8:00, with only 30 minutes left of our 2 hour rehearsal and only 4 of the 12 listed songs rehearsed, that there would be a special rehearsal called before next Thursday's Evensong. Our choir director is such a perfectionist. I'm not complaining, it's the reason we sound as good as we do, but on Sunday? immediately following the 10:30 service? Man! I am always famished when I get out of church, and I've really missed going to Amerigo's for the past two weeks. Oh well, by this time next week, I'll be glad we're getting the extra practice.
.
He made me and the others who didn't show up for Tuesday's concert feel really guilty, so I don't dare miss tonight's concert, not that I would because James Martin is performing and I will inconvenience myself to go to that. But on Tuesday night I simply could not tear myself away from the election coverage. (And it was earth day, so my car spent the day in the garage.) The poor attendance at these events is forcing the shutdown of The Great Fifty Days Concert Series in 2009. It's embarrassing, he told us, to offer talent as good as we've had without drawing a crowd to hear them. I fully understand. I hate to see it stopped, but I do understand.
.
Wednesday's lunch with the Water Lilies was fun, as always. We ate at Sicily's, an Italian Buffet featuring pizza, pasta, salads, desserts, etc. They even had delicious gumbo! Not sure how that qualified as Italian, but it was good.
.
Oh, by the way! Clinton's win in PA was only by 9.2%, not 10% as has been reported unceasingly in the last two days. For the real scoop, watch this.
.
Jim Carrington made this tonight at the church before the concert. The fat belly looked even more gross in the light of day, so the picture got embellished a little. It's a great picture of the other three. Thanks, Jim!

No comments: