Thursday, March 06, 2008

This is birthday week for my brother and sister. Betsy hit the big 60 on Sunday and Paul turned 58 today. Happy Birthday, Siblings! This picture was made in 1953 on Betsy's 5th birthday. Paul is the first child on the left, I'm the 4th and Betsy the 6th. (George, if you want this, I'll send you the names of the other children.)
.
Here's another of my favorites from the 50's, funky hair-do on Big Sis , and all. This one was dated 1956.



Paul was 14, almost 15 in this picture. He's holding 2 month old Ricky. Betsy and I are seated in front of him.


This picture of our whole family was made at the old P'ville School Gym where Paul had just played a baseball game. We were launched from this family of origin to the 2:00, 6:00, 10:00 positions, about as far apart as any siblings could possibly be flung. Even though I still feel affection for both of them, I rarely see them or spend time with them. I treated Betsy to lunch on Sunday, and called Paul today after I passed the spillway and saw all the fishermen below the dam. I figured that's where he was, but I was wrong. The last time we were all together was for Mother's funeral. She died a year ago today. (Laurie, I'm still waiting for the pictures you made of everybody in Tupelo.)

Happy Birthday, Betsy and Paul!

No comments: