Sunday, February 24, 2008

I was just finishing with my bath when I heard from the TV in my bedroom Tim Russert's voice talking about Ralph Nader, his first guest on this morning's show. I immediately felt sick to my stomach. Then the snake himself came on and slithered up to the announcement - he's running.

The longer he talked the more peaceful I became, realizing that he will take votes from McCain, but he's not going to make a dent in Obama's support. He's so yesterday, and most people want to leave yesterday in the past. He himself thinks the Democrats should win handily in this election:

"If the Democrats can't landslide the Republicans this year, they ought to just wrap up, close down, emerge in a different form."

And with that, I found myself agreeing with a man I've resented for over 7 years. He's not solely responsible for the Florida fiasco of 2000, but would it have occurred without his name on the ballot? I don't think so. What was that I said about leaving yesterday in the past?

And the beat goes on...

No comments: