Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ricky and the boys spent the afternoon at Vance's riding the 4-wheeler and playing video games. They took the Shelties with them. Mary Ann and I made the most of the peace and quiet and took naps. Mike woke me up sooner than I wanted to be, so I was very grouchy for a while.
.
In the meantime, Ricky and the boys came home to drop off their dogs and pick up Mary Ann, then go by Pizza Hut for supper to take back out to Vance's house. They will be out there most of the evening.
.
I called in sick one more time to David due to my swimmy head. I've missed most of the Christmas music. The Epiphany service will be Sunday night. It's stuff I'm familiar with and I think I can be ready for Sunday night's performance with the rehearsal that precedes it that afternoon. I just don't trust my driving with my head still feeling detached from the rest of me, plus I just didn't want to get out in the cold.
.
It's colder here than any Mississippian enjoys. Today's high was barely above freezing and with the wind chill factor it was in the 20's all day. Why my grandsons wanted to ride a 4 wheeler on a day like today is beyond me, but boys will be boys, won't they? I thought as Floridians they would change their minds when that icy North wind hit them, but from what I understand, they were outside for a couple of hours. Vance got a Wii for Christmas, so the rest of the time was spent inside playing video games.
.
I talked to Betsy, who has had a busy vacation between semesters. She spent Christmas in NYC with Laura's family and got to see Tara and family, too, while she was there. She also got to meet the BPP staff where Laura works at the NPR studio. She got lots of positive feedback on her first-born, she said, which "made" her Christmas. We moms are always a soft touch for anyone who admires our children, aren't we?

No comments: