Monday, November 05, 2007

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, I've aways heard, and it has definitely worked its magic with my hubby. I'm depending on him for the care and news of Gus, so for the first time in many moons I appreciate him. Gus spent the week-end in the hospital, they still don't know what was wrong, but he seems to be recovering nicely and he greeted Mike with a wagging tail and puppy kisses when he went to visit this morning. After a few more hours of observation, they plan to release him. They just want to make sure he's ok.

I really appreciate everything they have done to treat his illness and care for him. Carol, one the clinic's employees, actually went to our house on Friday to help Mike find Gus, after he told her that he was vomiting blood and that he wasn't able to get down and look under the beds for him. Service above and beyond the call of duty deserves to be acknowledged and appreciated, and I do. Old Fannin Rd. Animal Clinic, Doc Adams and crew, THANK YOU! I've been able to enjoy my vacation more easily knowing my baby is in good hands.
.
Mike is doing amazingly well without me - making his own coffee, washing the dishes, taking Jay-Jay for short walks during the day. I'm impressed and relieved. He even made inquiries into getting the stains cleaned off the carpet. He's endearing himself to me daily. Now if I can figure out how to keep him being this self-sufficient after I return, we'll probaby get along better.
.

I've had three handsome Shelties to provide the canine company to which I've grown accustomed. Tucker, Maggie, and Drako are a lively and affectionate threesome. They are much better at coming home with a call and a whistle when I let them out than Gus and Jay-Jay are.
.
The backyard here borders a "conservation area," or woods, as we call it in Mississippi. The trampoline I bought the boys for Christmas a couple of years ago has been moved back there so that it is not nearly as noticeable, and is closer to compliance to the homeowners rules. I'm glad to know that they and their friends are still enjoying it, and that no one has been seriously injured. Clay, in the sunglasses, and Cooper, the curly-top, are two sweet precious children. Clay is taller than he was in July when they were at my house, and his voice is getting lower. They grow up so fast. He and Cooper will be shaving much too soon to suit their grandmother, but with that will come the habit of taking baths without prompting, so I guess it's all good, just as Mother Nature designed them.

Life is short, the years rush past
Our children grow up so fast
No longer are they at our side
Their precious secrets to confide
The picture books are put away
And no more Chutes and Ladders left to play
No goodnight kiss, no prayers to hear
That all belongs to Yesteryear
Once Pitter-pattered halls lie still
Days are long now and hard to fill
I wish we could go back and do
All the little things you asked me to.
- Anonymous

No comments: