Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Monday's work on the hot tub resulted in a cleaned tub and filter, but no jets. Evidently, the pump needs to be primed again, but by following instructions in the owner's manual, I still have no working jets. Maybe I should just call a repairman. I really would like to get rid of the monstrosity, but have been unable to find a new home for it. I've even tried to give it away. Benji, don't you want to come down for the week-end and see if you can get it started? It always seems to work for you.

I went to a new-to-me restaurant for dinner last night - Kathryn's Steak House. Pam and Jean invited me to go with them. We're getting to be a regular threesome, but we're very compatible, so I'm enjoying their friendship. I ate one of the best filet mignons I've had in a long, long time. It's been years since I felt like making new friends and socializing. Depression does that. It feels good to be back in the technicolor world. The dark cloud is not entirely gone, but it's far enough away that I don't expect rain on my parade anytime soon. No one is stealing my sunshine today!

Pam and I are considering taking a course at Faux Finishing Institute, located about a mile from where we live. I have limited experience with it, as does she, and have wanted to learn more. Hand-painted wall murals are commanding big bucks in today's new (and renewed) houses, and I'm curious to know if I've got what it takes to do that. There is also a class being taught at Millsaps in their Adult Enrichment Courses. There's all kind of fun things to do in the PM besides sit around here and feel sorry for myself.

No comments: