Monday, September 03, 2007

Thanks, LaRue, for giving me a kick start on today's post. Here are my answers to the "Four Things" quiz:

Four jobs you may not have known I have had in my life:
1. Accounting clerk @ Baptist Sunday School Board, Nashville
2. Receptionist @ University of Tennessee, Nashville
3. Messenger @ Federal Reserve Bank, Nashville
4. Hostess @ S.O.B., Tupelo

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Chocolat
2. Fried Green Tomatoes
3. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
4. Mona Lisa Smile

Four people that email me regularly:
1. Lisa
2. George
3. LaRue
4. Barbara C.

Four places that I have lived:
1. El Paso
2. Noxapator
3. Plantersville
4. Nashville

Four TV shows I like to watch:

1. Countdown with Keith Olberman















.
2. Hardball with Chris Matthews












.
3. Law and Order with Jack McCoy














.
4. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart














.
Four favorite places I have been on vacation:
1. Asheville, NC
2. Hot Springs, AR
3. New Orleans, LA
4. Ireland

Four favorite foods:
1. pizza
2. seafood
3. fresh vegetables
4. desserts

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. I'm actually quite happy to be exactly where I am
2.
3.
4.

Hmmm...this may not be as easy as I thought it would be...

Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Goat Roast Sunday
2. Laura and Sarah's visit
3. seeing Ricky and family
4. seeing Benji and family

Four friends who I know will respond:
1. Since I didn't mail this out, I doubt that anyone will respond
2.
3.
4.

I'm having a lazy Labor Day. My neighbor is coming over later to help me clean the hot tub, but that's as close to hard work as I intend to get today. And since he's the one wanting to use it, I'll let him do most of the work.

Our Sunday was pleasant with church, lunch at Sicily's, a long nap, etc. Pam and Jean were back at St. Philip's yesterday. I'm hoping they move their membership there. We'll see.

I have unofficially adopted Jean as my 2nd mother. We seem to have more in common than I had with my first one. She looked so pretty yesterday dressed in a white summer suit, I really would like to make some pictures of her and get her involved in the writing of her life story that I've started (on the sly). I've written out these 50 questions and try to work at least 2 or 3 of them into every conversation I have with her, then come home and type them in while her remarks are still fresh in my memory. It will take many more conversations to get them all answered, but it's an excellent way to get to know someone better.

2 comments:

Zoilus said...

Well, I guess I should be happy that we made the list, but I'm not so sure that I love coming behind Ricky, Laura and. . .the Goat Roast? WTF?

C J Garrett said...

If I had not just seen you less than a month ago, you would have been at the top of the list, but since I did, you have simply taken your rightful place at the end of the line. Simple rotation, you know?

xoxox
Mom