Saturday, September 08, 2007

I slept for 9 hours last night, soundly, not like the night before when I had a nightmare about being forced to marry a Ross Perot look-alike, and no, he didn't have Ross Perot's money, just his cartoonish looks. I had been abducted by his family, a branch of the Deliverance family, no doubt. It was terrifying.

Six loads of laundry await my attention. I've put it off long as I can. Mike will be out most of the afternoon, so I'll clean the downstairs while he's gone. My life is so exciting, isn't it?

It's been a fun week. In addition to eating out with Pam and Jean on Tuesday night, I ate dinner with the choir on Weds. night at the Lacy's. Pam discovered a billing error in our check at Kathryn's, so we all got some money cheerfully refunded, which makes me like the place even more than I already did. (I was thinking they must have the most expensive house wine in town, but I didn't question it.)

We did 4 days of water aerobics. I went shopping on Weds. afternoon and bought a new swimsuit, originally priced at $78.00, marked down to $18. I love end-of-season sales! All the new fall fashions in the stores made me wish for cooler weather so I could wear the new sweater and slacks I bought earlier this summer, but I'm going to miss the warm temps and pool time I've shared with my new friends. We've probably got another 3 or 4 weeks of warm enough weather. I hope so anyway.

Tomorrow our choir is performing the anthem, an SATB version of Ave verum corpus composed by Gabriel Faure, that was bought in Mother's memory. It is in no way indicative of her personality, but it's a nice gesture, something the choir members routinely do to build up our music library, rather than contribute to flowers for funerals.

Ave verum corpus, natum de Maria Virgine,
Vere passum, immolatum in cruce pro homine,
Cujus latus perforatum vero fluxit cum sanguine;
Esto nobis praegustatum, mortis in examine.
O pie, O dulcis Jesu, Fili Mariae.
Tu nobis miserere. Amen.

Translation:
Hail, true body, born of Mary Virgin,
truly suffering, was sacrificed on the cross for mankind,
From whose pierced side flowed with true blood;
Be for us a foretaste In our final judgment.
O pious, O sweet Jesus, Son of Mary.
You have mercy on us. Amen.

No comments: