Sunday, July 01, 2007

Being back at church after my 5 week hiatus was a real treat, like finding an oasis in a desert. I didn't expect the choir to be singing; last I heard, we were given the month of July off. David's mother and brother from North Carolina were visiting, though, so we sang in exchange for the first Sunday in August off plus the rest of the July Sundays. I didn't go to the 9:30 rehearsal, but got there in time to get my robe on and sing anyway. The two anthems were familiar, so I didn't have any trouble remembering them. David seemed extremely pleased with our performance on each of them. If his mother and brother have an ounce of the musical talent he has, I'm sure they were impressed.

Mike and I had lunch at Arby's after church, then went to the new Mississippi Craftsmen's Guild Gallery in Ridgeland. It's been open less than a month and houses some of the most exquisite handiwork! I must take Skip there when he comes. He will love it.

The weather channel keeps predicting rain showers, and the radar shows showers all around us, but so far, nary a drop for us. We got lots of thunder and lightning last night, but no rain. The Pearl River looks low enough below the dam to wade across from one bank to the other. A reporter from the Clarion Ledger called Friday to see if, as a Reservoir resident, I was concerned about the water level on the lake, and whether or not it had interfered with my boating or fishing. I told her to call my brother about the boating and fishing, but that I was concerned about our lack of rain in general, not just on the lake. We're still several inches below the average rainfall for this time of year. Judging by the number of boats and jet skis we saw on the lake, though, it doesn't seem to bother many of them.

No comments: