Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mr. Bad Cold has about run his course. I woke up this morning drenched in sweat, weak, but I'm feeling better as the day progresses. My colds always start with sore throat, neck and shoulders, earache, then congested head, then it moves to my chest. It usually takes a week to 10 days for it to go away, so I'm on the mend, thank goodness! The last couple of days have been a fog, with zero energy, a raw nose, and very little appetite. Today I'm hungry, a good sign, I guess. I'm afraid my dogs may have caught the bug; both have been sneezing and Gus has had a hacking cough. Their appetite remains good and they're energetic, so they're probably ok.

The Democratic debate on MSNBC made me feel confident about our whole field of candidates. I still haven't made up my mind. I'm still favoring Obama, but would be satisfied with Clinton, Edwards, or Richardson. I thought Hillary looked the most presidential during the debate. Her plan to keep troops in Iraq worries me though. We've wasted enough blood and money on their civil war.

I've really been enjoying George's recent postings of old pictures. One of my favorites is a great picture of the Grant family; and check out the cute picture of Lisa Monts and her good looking daddy. I saw him at the funeral home last month and he is still a handsome man. I wonder if anyone besides me has ever noticed the old portrait on the wall of the Batesville Cracker Barrel that looks just like him. Maybe it's one of his ancestors.

I've picked up some new readers and to you I say "welcome!" The site meter is not giving me a city, so their identity is still a mystery to me. It has to be somebody I know, though. Who else would find 22 minutes of interest in the very mundane life I live? So Mystery Readers, I'd love to know who you are. Leave a comment or send an email, ok?

No comments: