Sunday, February 11, 2007

This Sunday has been busy, but fun. With church this morning and more practice this afternoon, I'm pleasantly tired. Our choir seems to have a new charge of energy running through it, mostly from excitement about Friday night. We have more hams among us than I realized. Most of the numbers we're doing are going to be outrageously funny.

The most frustrating part for me is trying to mimic the dainty, demure movements of the Geisha. For those who know me, dainty and demure are not adjectives you would ever use in describing me, now are they? I can't seem to make the top part of my body move without my butt swinging in the opposite direction, which generated fits of hee-haws from those observing. I've never been in a role that was so totally foreign to me. Thank goodness, we're only doing the one song.

We did a new anthem for offertory today, "Thou Wilt Keep Him in Perfect Peace," from Isaiah 26. With just a few run-throughs, we had it learned. I just can't say enough good things about the talented people I sing with. It's got to be the Holy Spirit who empowers us to sound so heavenly. We are truly blessed. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: