Sunday, January 14, 2007

There's a new kid on the blogging block, my friend LaRue has caught the bug. Welcome, Friend! Together the two of us probably represent the whole range of diverse views on politics, religion, and other controversial subjects. We share a long history of raising kids (and raising Cain) in Plantersville, so we pretty much know what to expect from the other. This coffee cup used to live at her house, but thanks to my former spouse, came to live at mine. If coffee cups could talk...To her credit, she hasn't written me off as a left-wing radical, and it's Baptists like her who preserve the fondness I feel for most of them.

I love those dear hearts and gentle people, who live in my hometown...

(Except she no longer lives in Plantersville, so in her case, that should be lived in my hometown.) If there are other P'villians who blog, I'd like to know. Well, there are two others that I know about, George, whose Plantersville Connection is linked on my sidebar, and Carolyn, LaRue's neice, who belongs to that younger generation for whom blogging is nothing unusual. I'll add their links, too.

I read an article not long ago about how writing keeps a person mentally alert in their senoir years. An essay a day keeps dementia away, they said. I don't think my blogs quite qualify as essays, but writing them seems to stimulate the old brain cells.

I'm playing hooky from church today. Our Top Cat is away, so many of his mice will play. My energy is still at low ebb. I got a good night's sleep, but would really enjoy going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head. Instead, I'll probably just enjoy a lazy Sunday morning reading the paper and playing Scrabble. How sweet it is!

No comments: