Saturday, January 13, 2007

I had a bad case of insomnia last night, didn't get any sound sleep until after 2 am. I couldn't help but wonder if it was due to the ordeal my body has been through this week. I've been ravenously hungry and thirsty since Thursday. For whatever reason, I just couldn't relax and get comfortable, but tossed and turned til I wore myself out. And I didn't even take a nap yesterday afternoon. Today I'm very tired.

One of the side effects of Zoloft is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. I've had intermittent episodes like last night's, but rarely for 2 nights in a row, or frequent enough for serious concern. Maybe tonight will be better.

My circadian rhythm has been out of kilter ever since Mike's stroke. He's such an early bird and I'm not, but since I became his left hand, we're more or less joined at the hip. When I lived alone, and could work later hours, I did. Even now, my energy does not peak until about 10 or 11 am. If not for my job as his "better half", I'd be up until midnight and sleeping until 8 or 9 the next morning. It's only on those nights when he's away that I can do that.

It's probably the reason these posts are so whiny so often. I'm at the computer earlier than I need to be. If I waited until I'm fully awake, they probably wouldn't have such a complaining tone.

No comments: