Monday, January 22, 2007

Our grand pooh-bah has assigned me to a girl's trio for the Mardi Gras gala. We're doing "Three Little Maids from School Are We," from The Mikado. I'm having trouble getting excited about it. Maybe after we rehearse, it will gel. Not being an opera fan, I was only vaguely aware of The Mikado story, and not familiar with this song. Thank goodness for Wikipedia! The old lithograph comes from it. Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mikado
Musical horizons are definitely stretched in this choir. Here's a video of a 1940's version done in Andrews Sisters style:
I've got a couple of urgent business matters to handle. I'll finish this later.
1:30 pm. This is not a good day for blogging. I get one problem solved and another rears its ugly head. Now Mike is insisting I accompany him to his doctor's appointment. Oh well! Mama said there'd be days like this...

No comments: