Sunday, January 21, 2007

Well, I guess I needed this:

Sun is in Aquarius, Moon is going from Aquarius into Pisces. Aha, just when you think you know a lot, you reach a new plateau. Then, of course, you realize you don't know diddlysquat. Drat. Don't take it too hard.

Seems I've been on this plateau before, several times.

Dragging myself to church this morning was not easy, but I was blessed by the Good Lord anyway. Molly preached a good sermon on recognizing Jesus in the people we meet everyday. Over half the choir was there to sing. Phil played the organ in David's absence, much improved over last Sunday's music, I heard, but anyone who dares substitute for David deserves credit, IMO. I would be totally intimidated, kinda like trying to fill in for Jack when she played. No matter what you do, you'll not measure up.

The rain has fallen steadily all day. The radar shows a break in it tonight, then more rain in the morning through tomorrow night. The river below the spillway is already flooding, but there were a few fishermen out there anyway. We ate lunch with Betsy and Richard, who are also frequent patrons of No. 1 China Buffet. She was going home for an afternoon of ballgames, and predicted the Saints would not beat the Bears. Since she was the only sports fan at the table, she couldn't stir up much discussion on the subject, but that has never stopped her from expounding on whatever subject comes to mind.

I'm looking forward to a long nap.

No comments: