Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just call me a hypocrite. If I look half as gloomy as I feel, it's scary. I woke up this morning dehydrated and thirsty for water. After consuming about a quart of water, 16 oz. of apple juice and peach jello, I felt somewhat human again. I know now why less than 50% of the people, who have this procedure recommended to them, submit to it. It's torturous, like a really bad case of self-inflicted stomach flu. I've also got a huge headache, so while Mike is at the gym, I'm going back to bed. Your prayers are appreciated. More later...

I went back to bed, but couldn't sleep, so I got up and took the advice of Jesus to wash my face. Like "Wash-Me-All-Over Simon Peter" who wasn't satisfied to have just his feet washed, I took a shower, annointed my head with shampoo, and let the hot water massage my scalp. It helped a little. My dogs are in sympathetic mode, they seem to know I'm not feeling well. The 32 pills I took last night have done their job, my insides should be shiny clean. Taking the pills has to be better than drinking that solution they used to give. I weigh 2.2 lbs less than when I started this, but I would definitely not recommend it for losing weight.

One of my devotional readings this morning had the following quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson: Do not be timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. What if they are a little coarse, and you may get your coat soiled or torn? What if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice? Up again; you shall never be so afraid of a tumble.

But more encouraging than his words were these - Feel the fear, then let it go. Jump in and do it - whatever it is. If our instincts and path have led us there, it's where we need to be. (Melody Beattie)

No comments: