Thursday, January 11, 2007

The colonoscopy revealed one polyp near the appendix. It was removed for biopsy during the test; results expected within a week. Most are benign; let's pray this one is, too. Nice to know the ordeal was not for naught. I just hope that's the end of it. I'm classified as high risk due to my grandmother's colon cancer and the IBS symptoms I've experienced. Subsequent tests will be scheduled every 3 - 5 years, depending on results of this test. Next time, I'll try not to whine so much.

The test itself was a breeze compared to the prep. I watched most of it on the monitor, but didn't feel any pain or discomfort. All the staff were super nice. The doctor, whom I'd not met until test time, looked like he should still be in high school. Am I getting that old?

Mike went with me to drive me home. I ate a bowl of chicken and dumplings soup when I got home and went straight to sleep for a 4 hour nap. I woke up just in time for the real nightmare, THE SPEECH. I wished for more drugs, wake me when it's over. What year is this? 1969?

I hope the American public revolts en masse with public demonstrations, jammed phone lines and email boxes, demands for impeachment, etc. This has gone way too far. As one of my favorite pundits said:

Bush is even incompetent at admitting his own incompetence. It's like an alcoholic admitting he's started drinking again, then announcing he plans to get back on the wagon by drinking even more. You should not get credit for admitting mistakes unless the admission is accompanied by an effort to stop making them. (Arianna Huffington)

No comments: