Saturday, December 09, 2006

Today I'm listening to Jack McDuff play his legendary Hammond B-3. He's one of my favorite organists. My most favorite organist is our choirmaster at St. Philip's. David is 49 today and I hope he has a very Happy Birthday! (Wonder if he's ever played a B-3?)


It was on this date in 2003 that we adopted Gus. We became fast friends when I shared some baked chicken with him. He promptly made it very clear that he preferred to live in this house, not be left to fend for himself as he had been. He had a bad case of worms and fleas, but the vet got that cleared up, gave him the shots he needed, and then declared him healthy. He's been happy to be Gus Garrett ever since.

In checking phone messages yesterday, which I rarely do, I had a surprising birthday wish from Jean Jutman. She called to wish me a happy birthday. When I looked back at the Caller ID, I realized that the Unknown Caller must have been her. I never answer those, and in this case, I wish I had. It's been years since I talked to her. She turned 60 the day after me. Here's a picture of us celebrating my 6th birthday. She's the one on the left closest to the camera. Sitting behind her are Betsy, then Barbara Caldwell. Our first grade teacher Miss Dixie is sitting at the head of the table. On the right side from front to back are Georgia McWhorter, me, and Carole McFarling. Feel free to lift this for your site, George.

I've got a Christmas tree to decorate today, sure wish I had Clay and Cooper here to help me. I always miss them terribly when they leave. Ricky is the tree decorator at their house because he's such a perfectionist about it. They always have a perfectly balanced and beautiful tree, though.

No comments: