Saturday, November 11, 2006

I made the move to Beta Blogger this morning. I hope it works. My blog is inaccessible while all the files are transferred. It makes me nervous to think it could all be lost, but I’ve got my fingers crossed. There are supposed to be some new and improved features in the Beta format. In the meantime, I’ll use the old word processor to write out today’s thoughts.

I outed myself as a liberal Democrat and Episcopalian to the readers of the Plantersville Connection and gave them the link to this blog. I now understand what my gay friends mean about the feelings of relief after “coming out of the closet.” It does feel good to take responsibility for who we really are, no matter the disapproval that some will have. For any new readers who will accept me as I really am, welcome!

Yes, I was emboldened by this week’s elections. I'm sorry it took a swing in public opinion before I was brave enough to admit this truth about myself to some I knew would judge me harshly, but I’ve already been encouraged by a couple of Democrats that I would have guessed to be Republicans. And I thought I was the only Democrat in Rankin County! Just goes to show you never can tell.

Temperatures this morning were cool enough to switch from AC to heat. I thought it was raining, but when I let the dogs out I realized it’s just heavily overcast. It’s a good day for the work that Paul and the MCC scheduled for Eagle Lake today. He publishes their newsletter with fine examples of his writing skills in every issue. To link the online version go here: http://www.magnoliacrappieclub.com/ I have teased him about being the pastor of the MCC, and it doesn’t take much reading in his newsletter to understand why.

Mike dressed himself and left the house early without waking me. No supper last night left him craving Krispy Kreme donuts this morning. And he brought one back for me that I could not resist. Thank goodness, it was only one. He said they got rid of the trans fats in them. It certainly didn’t make them less delicious. Back to the diet, Cathy Jo! Dec. 1st is only 19 days away and you need to lose 2 more pounds, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.

No comments: