Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sitting in a hospital room, watching the patient sleep, waiting for the doctor to come by at his convenience seems like an unnecessary waste of time to me. I didn't go to help Mother with lunch today, too much other stuff to do. I hope the nurses got her to eat something, it seems to be the only thing left that she halfway enjoys. I am keeping the cell phone closer than usual, so that the nurse or Dr. Krooss can get me if they need to.

I hate this state of limbo we're in, nobody knowing what to expect, what to do next, it's really unsettling. My BP was elevated the last couple of times I checked it, which tells me to slow down and take care of me. I always take my Avalide and Zoloft with my 10 am Dr. Pepper. 10, 2, and 4, the old advertising used to say, the friendly pepper upper. Was it the caffeine or the sugar they were promoting as the pepper upper?

I need to report Mother's hospitalization to Medicaid. From what I read of their policies, they have some oversight of treatment. I also need to run by the nursing home and take a payment, find out about holding her room, and whether or not they provide hospice care.

George and I are enjoying frequent emails, sharing stories and memories, considering reunions, community blogs, etc. It's so good to be in contact with someone from the same hometown and interested in writing about it. I've been totally unsuccessful at getting any of my Pville friends to even email me. Dave and Mary usually have to fill me in on a year's worth of news when I see them. I talked to Steve and Gloria a couple of months ago, and thought seriously about pitching the community blog idea to Gloria, but didn't. As mayor, she probably has enough to keep her very busy. Georgia hasn't answered any of the 3 emails I've sent her. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who uses their computer.

No comments: