Wednesday, April 05, 2006

From The Forbes Billionaires list comes this gem regarding their signs:

The least common sign among billionaires? Sagittarius, which represents just 6 percent of the world’s wealthiest. Folks born under this sign are sometimes described as unorganized or even sloppy, and more focused on the big picture than on little details. “Counting on their luck and the grace of God, adventurous Sagittarians can act like tourists in the marketplace," explains astrologer David R. Railey. But what they may lack in business acumen, they make up for in creativity. Thus it's no surprise that Sagittarian billionaires include Hollywood director Steven Spielberg and producer Arnon Milchan.

I never aspired to wealth, now I learn that most Sagittarians don't. Unorganized, sloppy, more focused on the big picture than the details, this does sound very much like yours truly. Today's horoscope leaves me cold, however:

Conditions still favor buying mechanical devices for home and family. Sound and entertainment systems fall into this category.

Would that include a digital camera? That's the only mechanical device on my wish list.

Tony just called to tell me the Jag repair will cost $800, sounded like the body shop added some unnecessary stuff, but it is a Jag. There was no dent, just a paint scratch, several people and I examined it closely. My premiums are going up because this is the second claim in less than a year. (Maybe this is the mechanical device I'm supposed to buy.) If I can put 3 years between this accident and the next one, I can go back to the lower rate, but right now I'm in a higher risk category. Good thing I pay all the bills now.

Or maybe it's a new HVAC for the Harbor View condo. We're adding freon to the old one for the 3rd year in a row, and replacing a fan motor. The original unit is 22 yrs old, and will need to be replaced soon. I just didn't want to have to do it this year.

I wish we could capture the weather we're having now and have it all year long. Today's high should be 74, low 58. I don't think it got above 72 yesterday. If not for the very high pollen count, it would be perfect. Spring is bustin' out all over...

In the news yesterday was the latest discovery of the benefits of sun exposure. Rather than avoiding the sun altogether, like we've been advised over the years, now we're being advised to get at least 10 minutes of peak brightness for Vitamin D. I'd read recently that an hour's worth of winter sunshine a day relieves some symptoms of seasonal depression by lowering the melatonin produced by the brain. Those of us who have allergies usually suffer from depression, too. Might as well get the Flonase out. The sunshine is calling me.

No comments: