Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mike was still in the bed this morning when I got up about 7:30, and that scared me. I've never known him to stay in the bed that late. He didn't feel like getting up, he said. He looked pale. He dressed and came downstairs but was winded and immediately had to sit down, and asked me to fix his breakfast for him. After eating, he lay down on the sofa and stayed there for the next 4 hours.

He struggled again to climb the stairs so he could shower and get ready to eat birthday lunch with his friends. He was so tired after he got to the bedroom, he lay down again to rest and stayed there for 30 minutes before attempting to get in the shower. After he undressed and made his way to the bathroom, he sat down and said, "I really don't feel like doing this. Call Steve and Ron and tell them I'm sorry, but I'm going back to bed." He's in his birthday suit, appropriate for his birthday, I guess, and sound asleep. His color is a greenish-gray. He probably needs oxygen, but I don't have any to give him. He didn't want me to call 911, so I'm letting him rest. What else can I do?

No comments: