Monday, January 19, 2009

I've been cold all day, seems our high didn't go above 46*, and I've had on more heat than usual, and more clothes than usual, but still, I'm cold. Sure hope I'm not coming down with something. I've been exposed many times to all the crud that's going around, but so far, I've been lucky.

My patient has stayed in the bed all day, just didn't feel like getting up and getting dressed. It sure makes my house more comfortable not to have loud, vulgar TV shows blaring downstairs, and an explosive drunk stumbling around. I do hope Mike recovers and doesn't have to spend the rest of his life in bed, but for now he's an invalid. And he's much easier to help and manage when he stays in his room.

I'm back in the watching TV habit. I probably didn't watch it 3 hours while Mike was gone those 4 weeks, but with Obama's inauguration tomorrow and all the excitement surrounding this historic event, I'm once again interested in politics. The most gratifying part of all this is the number of Republicans who are enthusiastic and optimistic about the Obama presidency. I'll declare! I believe there's a new wave of patriotism sweeping the nation. God bless America and the planet she inhabits!

No comments: