Sunday, January 04, 2009

Mike called at 2:30 this morning, waking me from the 3 hours sleep I'd had, and robbing me of more until about 5:45. Then I had to get up by 7:30 to make the early choir rehearsal at 9:15. We had to go over the anthems for Tuesday night's Epiphany Service. So I was quite tired until I got back home from church, lunch, and nursing home, and got a nap. Tonight the phones will be turned off and I'll probably take a Lunesta. I'm trying not to rely on sleeping pills. These were prescribed for Mike and he claimed not to be able to sleep without them. However, he's not getting them in the nursing home and seems to be sleeping fine without them. Funny how leaving off the alcohol improves situations like this.

My friend Pam pointed out at lunch that he's obviously got serious brain damage to do stupid stuff like calling me at 2:30 in the morning. Is he incapable of figuring out that alienating me works to his own disadvantage? It seems that way.

He was cordial when I visited today and asked me to take his cell phone home to charge the battery. He's bathing again, but complained about the shower curtain letting water drip on the floor. He's used to a shower with the glass doors and is afraid that stepping out on to a wet floor will cause him to fall. I immediately pointed out that he should put a towel on the floor to soak up the water, then realized that once again, I gave him a solution to a problem that I should have allowed him to think through and solve for himself, or at least, try to solve. We mothers/wives do that a lot, don't we?

No comments: