Saturday, January 24, 2009

The home health nurse came today, much to my surprise. She said Mike is qualified for several services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and assistance for baths, grooming, etc, plus the RN coming once a week to check on him. I should have asked about this sooner.

Our neighbor Art agreed to be "on call" while I left and went to a wedding this afternoon and the grocery store. I wish he would get over Obama winning the election and women having the right to determine what happens with their own bodies. How long has it been since white guys were in control of everything? Several decades? Sheesh! But he's got a lot of good traits and he has been very helpful to me, especially with Mike. We both claim to be Christians, so I'll pray for him and the rest of my Christian brothers and sisters, and depend on someone more powerful than myself to drag him into the 21st century.

The wedding was simple, but beautiful. The choir's music got several compliments, and it was lovely. I always enjoy the reactions of people who are surprised by the way we do weddings in the Episcopal church. It's a worship service, complete with communion, hymns, anthems, scriptures and prayers, not nearly as frivolous and secular as some.

Tomorrow Mike's friend Ron is coming out to stay with him while I go to church in the morning. I'll probably stop and pick up lunch for all of us before I come home.

As the Beatles said, I get by with a little help from my friends.

No comments: