Thursday, January 01, 2009

Eating greens and black-eyed peas on New Year's Day is supposed to bring good luck. Since there seems to be a shortage of that around here lately, I plan to partake at my friend Pam's house this afternoon. She called to invite me a little while ago, which immediately kicked my mood up a notch or two. BAM! See it's already working.

I enjoyed some stiff competition on the Scrabble board last night from the best competitor I've found, so far, the computer. He beat me twice, but just barely. Then I read some in my Women Who Run with the Wolves book 'til I got sleepy, so I was probably asleep before the ball fell in NYC. This book has helped me to remember who I am instinctively and what my strengths are. Living with alcoholism will wear a woman down until she forgets how to thrive. She may survive a severe wounding, but will she heal and thrive again? And it gives me great joy to say, SHE WILL!!!

I finally got around to washing laundry this morning. And I've made a to do list that includes shampooing dogs and exercising. According to one of my wise friends, Exercise is the BEST way to manage anxiety/panic without meds. I do need these reminders. Thanks, Karen!

Sometime this afternoon, I'll visit with Mike. He's so much easier to take in small doses when he's not in the same house. And when I've had enough, I can get up and leave. Plop, plop! Fizz, fizz! Oh, what a relief it is!

No comments: