Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not sure what started this funk I'm in, but it got worse as the day progressed. News of friends going through really tough times, a woman whose love affair ended, a dog being mistreated by a neighbor, seems just about everything I heard today is sad. Then I got a call from someone who was so excited to learn of an available apartment in this area, she makes an appointment to see it, and never shows up.

Then I tried to vacuum and the belt on it broke again. So I mopped the kitchen floor, then our cat Mick promptly threw up on my clean floor. I knew I should have just stayed in the bed this morning. Makes me want to withdraw, isolate, become a recluse. . . for a day or two anyway. It's 9 PM, surely nothing else bad will happen today.

Mama said there'd be days like this, there'll be days like this, Mama said.

No comments: