Thursday, September 18, 2008

Finally! Some good news:

The Times/CBS News [9/18/08] poll suggested that Ms. Palin’s selection has, to date, helped Mr. McCain only among Republican base voters; there was no evidence of significantly increased support for him among women in general. White women were evenly divided between Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama; before the conventions, Mr. McCain led Mr. Obama among white women, 44 percent to 37 percent.

So if McCain led Obama among white women before the conventions by a 44% to 37% margin, and now they are evenly divided, that means Obama has gained support among white women and McCain has not! I was hoping that would be the case, but not until I saw this new poll today did I feel encouraged. Thank you, Ladies, for not letting me down. Now let's increase Obama's lead and win this thing.

This week's financial news from Wall Street knocked the Alaskan governor out of the headlines and exposed her and McCain's incompetence regarding the American economy. He's switched from being Mr. Deregulator to trying to be Mr. Populist, and not doing a very good job at it. I hate it took such a drastic downturn in the stock market to bring us back to issues of substance, but I was getting real weary with pigs and lipstick. Good grief!

There is a really good article on White Privilege on Alternet. I sent it to my Republican neighbor who promptly blew more than one gasket. But he harasses me with right-wing propaganda all the time, so returning the favor seemed to be fair. He's actually a nice guy most of the time. After I sprained my ankle this afternoon, he came over to check on me and to see if I needed anything. I just wish I could convert him to a Democrat. When pigs (with lipstick) fly!

I'm hoping the ankle is just sprained. I've had ice on it, so it's not swollen too badly, but it really hurts to walk on it. Tomorrow I'll have it x-rayed, just didn't want to fool with it tonight.

No comments: