Saturday, August 02, 2008

This is my first day to not have Adderall, and the most significant difference it's made is in my appetite. I'm back to feeling hungry every 3 hours. As far as staying focused on my work, I'm down to crunch time in getting ready for my trip, so don't have much choice. I've been zeroed in on stuff that has to be done before I leave. I save way too much stuff 'til the last minute.

We discovered this morning that Mick was missing, so Mike and I plus a few neighbors looked for him with no luck. Around noon, he sauntered in ravenously hungry, and would not tell us where he'd been. We figure he got shut up in some neighbor's garage and was trapped until they opened it. I'm just glad he was not supper for the Reservoir alligator who lurks along the lake shore.

Benji's family is going through a rough patch right now, so please keep them in your prayers. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could save our children from the messy complications of life? No, that wouldn't be so wonderful. I've probably learned more from problems and gained more strength and confidence from dealing with difficult situations than in the easy parts of life. I've never tried to deprive my children of that same privilege, and I'm not about to start now. I do hate to see them hurting though.

No comments: