Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Lunch at Sweet Peppers Deli was delicious, but have you known me to complain about restaurant food? Ever? I ordered the Waldorf Salad - mixed baby greens with grilled and chilled chicken breast, seedless grapes, Granny Smith apples, candied pecans, celery and Gorgonzola cheese tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Yummy! And I ate every bite! No sharing off my plate today.

The restaurant was too noisy to suit me. Conversation was challenging. I did have a couple of serendipitous occurrences - a parking place right in front of the restaurant and then after lunch, I strolled and shopped for a little while and got back to my car just as rain began to fall. I love it when luck is a lady. Nine of us showed up to eat.

I finally finished the book I've been reading for two weeks, Dreams, God's Forgotten Language by John Sanford. I think the Adderall is helping with reading, also turning off the TV and the telephones. The books I bought at Barnes and Nobles were Obama's Dreams of My Father and Sue Monk Kidd's Dance of the Dissident Daughter.

No comments: