Friday, June 20, 2008

MSNBC is using the B-Team tonight and so far, they're great. David Shuster hosted Hardball for Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow is hosting Road to the White House for David Gregory. Wonder if Keith O. is taking tonight off, too. I know it's been a hard week for these guys, working all last week-end after the death of Tim Russert, and their coverage of that tragic event was admirable. I had to watch it in small doses, it got overwhelming for me emotionally, at times, but that's why we have remote controls, right?

I've been astounded by all the comments that have been posted online regarding Mr. Russert's death. Ninety percent of the comments on the sites I normally visit were kind, charitable, positive, but there is always that negative element that has to denigrate whatever doesn't fit exactly with their agenda. Makes me wonder what it is they do approve, or are they just against everything?

Personally, I felt like Tim Russert represented the best of what America has to offer the rest of the world. He was a brilliant journalist with integrity who didn't hesitate to hold politicians and other public figures accountable. His faith, his family, his friends, his fans, all were a wonderful testimony to someone who loved life and lived large.

Ms. Sippi has had new visitors this week who landed here after googling "Russert Rainbow" and "spiritual significance of double rainbow" and other similar phrases. As far as I can tell, there has been very little written about the phenomenon that occurred on Tuesday in Washington D.C. I wish I had some definitive explanation for those seeking answers, but I don't.

My faith leads me to believe that it was a deliberate act by our Creator who was blessing not only the life being celebrated, but also the powerful out-pouring of love being expressed by the personnel and participants of the NBC broadcast and all their viewers who for a few hours came together for the sole purpose of saying thank you and good-bye to their loved one. We got a dramatic glimpse of glory, or at least, that's what I think.


Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

No comments: