Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Clay is 14 today. Happy Birthday, Grandson! He was born the week-end that Lion King made its debut. That movie is full of mythological symbolism, which we discussed briefly in our last Dream Group meeting.

I've had a busy day. Exercising at the pool, lunch at O'Charley's with the Water Lilies, running errands, then I got stuck in Walmart waiting out a thunderstorm. I came home to problems with two of my renters, the one I've threatened to evict wants another day to get her money together, and the one across the street had wet carpet due to the neighbor's washing machine hose coming loose. And somewhere in between this frenetic activity, I took time to argue politics and religion with my neighbor. He turned 56 yesterday and is expecting granddaughter #2 tomorrow. So yes, I'm tired.


The June 25th Rolling Stone magazine has a cute picture of our next president. The article on him talks about his taste in music. And the artists on his ipod? Bob Dylan, Yo-Yo Ma, Sheryl Crow, and Jay-Z, to name a few. One of his favorite Dylan songs is "Maggie's Farm." His explanation about the FISA bill leads me to believe he's trying not to appear soft on terrorism. We'll wait and see how it plays out.


No comments: