Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've received a couple of requests from P'ville today. One was an update on Linda Partlow's condition following surgery last week and her need for our continued prayers for her and for her sister Cindy, her primary caregiver. Some of you recognized Cindy in the picture I posted on 3/6/08 when I wished my siblings happy birthdays. George has been posting those updates on his blog, so I won't duplicate that effort. This picture was made at Cecil's Park July 1962. Seated left to right: Linda Partlow, Me, Carol Russell; Standing left to right: Jane Parker, Betsy Johnson, Rosemary Gibens.
.
The other request is for continued support of Steve Holland in the April 1 runoff with Travis Childers. We all know that Washington DC needs Steve Holland. President Obama (or Clinton) will need Steve Holland. Go to his website and make another contribution. Or write a check and send it to P.O. Box 2, Plantersville, MS 38862.
.
All these dear friends need our prayers, too. They're involved in critical fights, one in a fight for her life, the other in the fight of his life. Victory, in each case, will reverberate for years to come, so let's get behind them.
.
And while we're on the subject of fights, I hope all of you saw the history-making speech delivered by Barack Obama today. It's one of the greatest speeches I've heard in my lifetime. America will take one giant step forward in "perfecting the union" that was launched back in 1787 as an experiment in democracy when we elect Obama for president.
.
On a lighter note, I made a couple of pictures at Total Woman last week of a 20-yr old employee who reminds me of a young Gloria Temple. Does anyone besides me see it? She has relatives in Tupelo, so maybe she's a cousin? Her mom used to work for Roger Wicker, she told me. Sorry, but I've forgotten her name. Do you recognize her, Gloria?



No comments: