Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh, wow! Did you see it? Obama spoke to an excited crowd in Madison, Wisconsin, and gave an exhilarating victory speech. Immediately following was the Tired Old Man McCain. The contrast could not have been sharper. He had won in today's contests, too, but compared to the youthful Democratic candidate, he looked totally washed up! His crowd was cold beside Obama's; patronizing, polite. If this is what it boils down to in November, McCain should just hang up his spurs now. It's going to be humiliating, and as much as I don't like the thought of McCain as president, I do hate to see a veteran like him broken. It will be sad.

Daily blogging is a thing of the past until I get my empty Madison house rented. At the end of the month, I get to do this all over again with my Harbor View townhouse becoming vacant. We did get some good news about the Madison property yesterday. There is a petition circulating to get all the residential property fronting Highway 51 rezoned to commercial. And there seems to be no opposition from City Hall. Thank you, Lord!

I'm planning a trip to Memphis on Thursday, coming home on Friday, which is Pip's 3rd birthday. I'm planning to babysit while his parents celebrate Sweetheart Day on the 14th. Tomorrow will be full with gym, lunch with the Water Lillies at Olive Garden, choir rehearsal and dinner after that. Rather than going to the Lacy's, we're treating Judy to dinner at Trio's for her birthday. In between the fun things are calls from prospective renters and follow-up calls to check out their information. I'm getting too old for this.

We had another rough weather day, still haven't heard what damage was done, but I think there was some. Our street looked like a bomb went off around 2:00 after strong winds blew over all the cans filled with garbage that had not been picked up. What a mess!

No comments: