Sunday, February 10, 2008

Is Obama on a roll, or what? His reception at the Jackson Jefferson Dinner in Richmond on Saturday was like that of a rock star. The man is just flat-out inspiring. He even had me chanting, "Yes, we can! Yes, we can!" as I watched him deliver his message of hope. Last I heard, Clinton still has more delegate votes than Obama, but he's a real contender, and still has a chance of winning the nomination.

I'll be ok with Hillary as our candidate, but I really believe that Obama has a much better chance of beating McCain, especially if Republicans stay away from the general election as they have done in the primaries; not much enthusiasm on that side of the fence.

I hate to admit it but I'm enjoying the frustration of my Republican friends over what most describe as "piss-poor" choices. A couple of people I know are supporting Huckabee, but they know he doesn't stand a serious chance of being the nominee unless McCain's clock runs out of time. It's proving to be the most interesting election year I ever remember.

For my sweet P'ville reader who asked about my brother and sister: Betsy was at St. Philip's this morning and went to lunch with our crazy bunch afterwards. First time I'd seen her in a couple of months. Paul was in the funny paper and then filed a much better report on his blog. I did the Old Testament reading in church - Genesis 2:15-17, 3:1-7, and forgot to say NAY-kid, saying nekkid instead, much to the dismay of our proper English tutor. Oh well, you know what they say about taking the girl out of the country...

No comments: