Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Since yesterday, more information has appeared on the Pipe Dreams site. If you wished to see the texts for the anthems or the hymns, they have been posted, in addition to some other music not included in the radio program, all Wesley material.
.
An update from Skip says Helen is on the mend from her back surgery. Knowing Helen, it must be very difficult to keep her in the bed. No wonder she's got hospital staff hopping to keep her happy. Hope you're soon fully recovered, Helen, with no more aching back!
.
Jean joined us for gym time this morning, even though she's still hoarse. We had lunch at Primo's where we ran into a precious elderly couple, Bob and Mary Daggett from St. Philip's. They're actually from Pascagoula, but have been here since Katrina. He's a big fan of our choir and said we've about persuaded him he'd rather live here just so he can hear us sing every Sunday. They're trying to sell their damaged house and lot down there and make a permanant move here.
.
I also saw an old friend from Colonial Heights Baptist Church days at Primo's, but the last time I saw her (we were both shopping in a Christian bookstore), she was so rude to me that I totally ignored her today. She and I were very close at one time, and even though we didn't agree on much of anything, we enjoyed frequent Scrabble matches. We met at least once a week for lunch when we were both working downtown. Unlike my friend LaRue, who also does not agree with me on most things, Ms. P. did not have enough class to make allowances for our differences, and implied that I had fallen from grace when I became an Episcopalian. In her snootiest, most holier-than-thou manner she said she would pray I found my way "back to the truth." I wonder how many former Baptists have been soured by that kind of arrogance. I was terribly hurt. I should have known how petty she could be. She was a sore loser whenever I won a game of Scrabble.
.
Ah me, I guess we all still have a lot to learn.

No comments: